Friday, March 7, 2008

Attitude ADJustment on the Island

How about that 4-1 win for the Rangers last night on the Island, huh? Two goals for Sean Avery as the Attitude ADJustment line, plus goals by Brendan Shanahan and Scott Gomez.

The Rangers have now gone 11 games without losing in regulation, and while I'm not a fan of one point for an overtime loss (certainly for a shootout loss, but not OT), I won't complain too mightily about 11 straight games with a point, especially when it puts the Rangers four points away from the top spot in the conference.

Not that I think the Rangers will capture the top spot; Pittsburgh is just plain scary, last night's loss to Florida notwithstanding.

Speaking of Florida, talk about lousy timing: I get my Tanner Glass jersey delivered exactly one day before he gets sent back to Rochester. Nothing he did, of course, just the fact that Radek Dvorak and Bryan Allen have returned to the lineup for the Panthers. I did say that it would take more than one player returning to Florida to return Tanner to the A, and so it did. Glass should be very pleased with his rookie season, as the 41 games he's played in the NHL are about 41 more than anyone expected him to play as a ninth-round draft pick right out of college. Jacques Martin has been very complimentary of Tanner while expecting that he would return to the A, so I doubt we've heard the last of him.

Now, though, with the weekend upcoming, I turn my attention back towards college. I'll be recapping Army's playoff games against AIC this weekend for USCHO, and I also make a guest appearance in Theresa Spisak's weekly WCHA column. Take a listen to the Army game if you can, I think I'll be making some radio appearances.

Oh, and one more semi-hockey related item...the trailer for The Love Guru is out:



Looks pretty good to me, although I still don't know about Justin Timberlake as a hockey player. At least he's a foofy Francophone player.

That's it...off to West Point with me.

No comments: